Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My hopes for this year...

Since I quit school I have had a lot more free time on my hands and it's been wonderful and relaxing. Cris and I decided to start a chore list...at first I thought it was pretty lame and that we are old/mature enough to keep up with the house without a list. Turns out the list helps as a reminder of what needs to be done and when...but it also keeps things even between the two of us, so that we both are working towards a common goal. It's been really nice...and the house is looking better already!
This hasn't been the only positive step we are working on. We also are trying to save up money while paying off our debt. Debt sucks! I feel like its going to take forever before its all paid off, but every little bit helps. One major thing we cut our expenses on was our lunches...we used to go out for lunch every single week day. Right there that's saving us $65-$75 a week...that's $300 a month! Eventually I would like to get to the point where we are saving more than we are spending, but until we are debt-free we will do the best we can.
My only other resolution this year was to get healthier, in every sense of the word. Mentally and emotionally my goal is to rid my life of negative people, places, and things. And also to remember to not take life so seriously, God will only give me what He knows I can handle. Physically, my goal is to eat healthier. Not to lose weight, but to eat a balanced diet. Being in this body for 29 years I've adapted to the fact that I can eat anything I want and won't gain an ounce...but that doesn't mean I should eat a bag of potato chips for dinner. I've been pretty good with taking my vitamins but could always use a reminder about those things!
The biggest goal I have this year is to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. There is so much love inside of me to share with a child all my own. The thought of one day being someone's mommy brings a tear of complete joy to my eyes. I have faith that it will happen for us, hopefully soon, but patience is a virtue that is learned. One I'm obviously still learning. Taking it one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment