Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My little party animal...

Landry seriously cracks me up.  I hear him crying around 3:30am...so I of course pick his cute ass up from the crib and comfort him.  Shhing him until he quiets, and then taking him to my bed to nurse him.  He nurses for a strong five minutes until his belly is content.  Pops off  the boob and starts to squeal and giggle, kicking his legs in delight, flapping his arms like a baby bird while simultaneously smacking me in the face.  Waking up his daddy, who can't help but flip over to face the little ball of love and laugh right along with him.  I could care less that this baby has been up every two hours since midnight...he's seriously everything I could have ever wanted in a child.  His (gummy) smile is the light of my life.  I never understood pure joy until Landry arrived.  I mean, yes, I have had a happy life, but this...it's honestly indescribable.  The miracle that he is...I'll cherish these memories of his squeals at 3:30am, his flapping little arms and the kicking of his chubby little legs.  I'll cherish every second forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment