Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Spring Baby

I am so happy to be pregnant that it truly doesn't matter when this miracle is born.  However, now being pregnant in the time of the year that I am, I have been fantasizing about all the scenarios of the upcoming seasons.  The baby's due date is April 5th, 2014.  So let's just pretend that the baby actually comes on it's due date and we can go from there.  Here are reason's why I'm so excited to be having a spring baby!

1.  I won't be pregnant during the stuffy summer months!  I'm not good in the heat as is, add being pregnant to the mix and I'm likely to pass out.  Sweating is not my favorite activity!

2.  We won't have to bundle up like an Eskimo either!  This will make it easier when it comes to nursing the baby when I don't have to find my boobies under 5 layers of clothing.

3.  Just when I'm starting to feel human again after giving birth, the weather will be warming up.  I'll be able to take the baby out for walks in their stroller.  Then comes summer, and I'll be able to take the baby to cook outs, showing off the blessing God has given me.  Then comes fall and the baby will be about 7 months old, old enough to be forced into a ridiculously cute Halloween costume that they might end up hating me for later in life.  Then there is Christmas and winter, the baby will be 9-10 months old and we can experience snow for the first time as I dress them in a bear suit with those cute little ears!!!

4.  The baby is going to be born right when the icky flu season is coming to an end.  And by the time it's flu season again, he/she will be old enough to be vaccinated against it.

5.  The baby will eventually start school and when they do, they'll have a birthday during the school months!  I always envied kids who had this, they got to bring in treats for their friends and celebrate.  Their friends would decorate their lockers and make a big deal.  I think that's sweet.

If you could choose when your baby would be born, when would you choose?  I have thought about this and honestly, I'm pretty happy with when the baby is going to come!  I maybe would push it back a few weeks so he/she would be born towards the end of April or beginning of May.  Just because it would probably be a little bit warmer than if they baby was born closer to March.  Either way, I'm thrilled...I could careless which month the baby was born in.  There are pro's and con's to each and every month!  God has blessed me beyond belief and I have never been happier or more excited.

5 comments:

  1. Makes a lot of sense to have a Spring Baby... I think... If I could pick... Ummm... I would want a Summer baby:) (Which is what I will get IF we get pregant next month!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be praying you get your summer baby! So excited for you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I also hope for a BOY!!! I do not want you to think that I am a stalker, but BLOGGER has this cool feature where you can add people's blogs to your dashboard, so I can see when you post new stuff! I will also add you to my "Blog Crushes" listing! In which state do you live?

      Delete
  2. Love this list, its so true! Im due mid may so I can totally relate....This is obviously not "planned" for may but its perfect, Ill be on maternity leave all summer with my big girl and be able to soak up as much time iwth both the kiddos and still do all the things you listed above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda! I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations!!! Thats wonderful :)

      Delete