Saturday, September 28, 2013

Why does this keep happening??

First things first...I had my sequential screening done at 12 weeks and two days and it was AMAZING!  Cris was there so it was the first time he got to see our baby.  The memory of that moment of him seeing his baby move for the first time, will be cherished forever.  I WISH I would have recorded it but I think we were too excited to be thinking of anything else at the moment.  However, less than 36 hours later I had another bleed!  What the hell is going on?!  It's not like it's a slow, menstrual cycle like bleed...it GUSHES out of me, bright red, scary freaking amounts of blood.  To be safe, Cris took me the ER and I was seen by the most incompetent ER Resident that has probably ever existed.  So, let me start by saying when I had this same occurrence at 5 weeks and 2 days the man who did my pelvic exam was gentle, opened me up with a speculum, took a look, was able to tell me my cervix was closed.  This woman I had this time, at 12 weeks and 3 days put the speculum in and instead of looking in there she wiped away the blood with a large q-tip looking thing.  She then told me the bleeding looks like stopped, which is great news.  Then she uses her two fingers, puts them inside and touches my cervix, then says she's sorry, but needs a better feel to make sure my cervix isn't open...uhhhh, what??  She proceeds to shove THREE fingers inside me and then (I'm not exaggerating when I say this) RAMS so hard, I feel her fingernail dig into my cervix.  I jumped back and literally yelped like a puppy.  I have never ever ever felt pain like that before in my life.  I had needles up there, catheters up there, even surgery!  And this pain doesn't compare to what that felt like.  So after she's done with her exam she tells me, "I'm sorry, I'd really like to have seen your cervix a little tighter, but it feels like it's open less than 1/2 a centimeter."  I wanted to scream, "YEAH BECAUSE YOU JUST EFFING OPENED IT WITH YOUR FINGER!"...but I knew it being open at all was not good news.  So she puts her head down and says, "I'm so sorry" and leaves the room.  Wait?  What?  What does that mean?? You're sorry?? Am I miscarrying?? Is that what you are saying?? Because that's what it feels like you are trying to tell us.  So I look at Cris and his eyes are welled up with tears and I of course start crying, but my sadness very shortly turns to anger as by baby was PERFECT just 36 hours prior, what the F*CK is going on?? I need answers, NOW!!!
Thank God for my best friend...her mother is very high up in the chain of hospital employees and she came down to comfort me after I text my best friend with, "The ER resident just basically told me I'm going to miscarry".  I was able to speak with her mom and also a midwife who truly instilled the hope back in us.  They said because the bleeding stopped, I had no cramping or pain, that these are good things.  So I was discharged from the hospital and put on to bed rest for three days and well, here I am...and everything so far is good.
I still have no answers, as to where the blood is coming from.  Why it keeps happening...will it happen again.  I'm pretty much predicting I won't get answers either.  Maybe I'm just one of those women who bleed through out their pregnancy.  Who knows?  All I can do is keep my faith and trust in our Lord who protects me, carries me through my worries, and loves me.
Currently I'm 13 weeks pregnant and have felt our little blessing moving, A LOT.  It's nothing less than completely amazing and I'm seriously so in love.  <3

2 comments:

  1. OMG- your pregnancy sounds like mine with all of the bleeding! Poor thing, I know that it is terrifying! I wanted to see if you would like to borrow my doppler, weird offer from a stranger, I know, but it brings so much peace of mind to hear your sweet baby's heart beating in times of worry. You can contact me through my blog thatgirlwithsparklyheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be AMAZING! I sent you a message on your blog...thank you so so so much! xo

      Delete