Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sniffly Baby = tired parents

Wow.  We were doing SO good with our sleep schedule. It was like, well, clockwork. Daycare, home, nurse, nap, dinner (solids), bath, nurse, bed, badda-bing-badda-boom. Then...ohhhh but then...the sniffles set in. You wouldn't think something as simple as sniffles would mess up a schedule so horrifically, but yet, here we are, day 3 of ZERO sleep. I don't even know right now.
You try to stick with routine and just when you think he's asleep in the crib and you tiptoe out of the nursery he wails and flails. If he wasn't sick right now l, I possibly, maybe, might give crying it out a chance (can you tell I'm a softy?). But he doesn't feel well and those cries of wanting comfort tug at my heart strings. I can't let my sniffly little man cry it out when I know how bad I feel when I'm sick. And I also remember as a child, how comforting my mom was to me when I didn't feel good. I hope I can comfort him in that same way. 
As tired as I am, I'm more concerned that he gets rest, so he can get better, so we can all get some rest! ***yawn*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment