Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Update on Illness and Oil Effectiveness

Well...here we are two days since I last posted.  I took a turn for the worse.  BIG TIME.  Monday  night I started feeling achy/feverish.  I knew it was time to intervene with something stronger than the oils.  I believe that if I had empty veggie caplets to put the oils in so that I can digest them easier, that I would have been more effective at stopping this sinus crap it its tracks.  Since I didn't have that on hand, I reached for an OTC Sinus PM medication.  Ugh.  I seriously HATE taking stuff like this.  It makes you feel like you are in such a fog.  I didn't even sleep that well on it, in fact, I woke up with a feeling that my throat was being strangled.  I am not sure if it was because of the cold I have or if I woke up having a panic attack.  Either way, I ran downstairs and drank the hottest water that came out of the tap (mind you it was like 2:00 AM when this happened).  And I took a minty flavored tums because I felt a bit nauseated.  The cooling sensation the tums gave me helped a lot, and I was able to fall back asleep pretty quickly. 
Once I woke up I knew this was a full blown cold, I felt like CRAP.  And I know this is a HUGE No-No to all the health care workers reading this.  However, I saved antibiotics from when I was prescribed them previously, but I never used them.  They are not expired and I have the entire bottle so I started taking the antibiotics.  It's 500 MG of Dicoloxacillin that you take every six hours for 7 days.  I'm starting to feel better now that I've been on the antibiotics for 24 hours.  I was hesitant to take them because as you know, most sinus infections are due to a virus not bacteria.  But feeling as bad as I did, I took my chances.  I'm also VERY prone to sinus infections and usually the antibiotics help. 
I'm still using my oils every two hours on the bottoms of my feet and I'm still ingesting a mixture of the OnGuard and water about every 4 hours.  It's not easy to get down, it tastes like the way a craft store smells if that makes any sense. It's overwhelmingly potpourri-ish smelling/tasting.  I do believe the oils are helping me boost my immune system to help fight off this sinus infection, because I haven't gotten better this fast probably ever.  However, I do think that there is a time when medication or antibiotics are needed and for that, you should choose your best options based on what a health care provider suggests.  I'm not a doctor and I can't tell you what is best for you or your body.  For me, I know my body pretty well and I know when something isn't right. 
I still have some congestion going on but I'm not achy and I do not have a fever.  I never experienced a sore throat with this sinus infection (which I usually do because of the drainage from my nose to my throat).  So over all, I do feel like the oils help or are helping me over come this more quickly than if I didn't use them at all.  The next order I place with doTERRA, I will be ordering empty veggie tablets to put my oils in so I can digest them.  (Also, digesting oils is highly controversial, do your own research on the safety/effectiveness of digesting them). 
I hope this was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment