Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Back to Back Freshies?

Yes, I'm still grieving our failed cycle. I think that feeling might always stay with me. And that's okay, I've grown from this in a way that would not have been possible if I wouldn't have experienced such devastation. However, I have to pick myself up from my bootstraps and keep moving forward. In the words of my favorite country artist, "You got to dig a little deeper when you think you can't dig no more," - Jason Aldean
We are paying a shit ton of money to an insurance company that partially covers IVF. After speaking to our doctor since our failed cycle, we came up with a new plan. The first thing I need to do is have blood work done to rule out the chance that I may have an immunology issue that could be attacking an embryo from implanting. It's very rare, but there is a chance I could be one if those people that have such a disorder. Can you believe that this blood work costs $600?! Its insane how much this crap costs! Once we get that bill I will submit it to the insurance company...but y'all know how that goes.
If you are not aware, I have one little frozen embryo just chillin' (literally) in a freezer somewhere. And since frozen embryo transfer is less expensive than fresh, what makes sense financially is to do another fresh cycle, and try to attain more embryos to freeze. That way, if this fresh cycle does not result in a baby, we will possibly have more "chances" in the future with our frozen embryos. Also, if we were to do the frozen embryo and it did not work, we would be left with nothing. If we did the frozen and it ended up being successful, we would obviously be thrilled, but if we ever wanted a chance at more children we would have to do the fresh cycle over again...when I'm older. And age matters when it comes to your chances at success. So this is what makes sense for us...it's scary...it's a lot to take in, but I believe that God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. He believes I can handle this, so, so do I.
I start the birth control again today. At least this time I have an idea of what to expect! Here is to another chance at getting my miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment