Sunday, March 10, 2013

Embryo Transfer!

Today is the day our hopes and dreams are put into my uterus. Once we got to the clinic, Cris and I both gowned up. We were taken into the same O.R. where my egg retrieval was done. I got on to the bed, grabbed Cris's hand, and said a silent prayer...please PLEASE let these babies stick, please God, I beg you.
The embryologist came in and verified that we are who we say we are and that they were going to be transferring two embryos. My doctor came in and I immediately felt at ease. He has a calming presence about him, and I trust him with my life, so once he was there I relaxed. The procedure itself is oddly easy. They insert a catheter (painless) and then the embryologist comes in with our 2 embryos. On the ultrasound screen you actually see them go in to your uterus. They are two little white specs. I didn't know it was possible to love a clump of cells the way I did. I already felt smitten, knowing I had two living things inside of me. After the procedure you lay in bed for about 20 minutes and then you are free to leave. I rested that evening and the following day. Not total bed rest, but I just took it easy.
Now comes the hard part...the dreaded TWO WEEK WAIT. Seriously...this was the hardest two weeks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment