Saturday, February 28, 2015

Woolzies Dryer Balls Review

Woolzies sent me a box to review their all natural wool dryer balls. Just to start things off, I want to say thank you to Woolzies for giving me the opportunity to try these! I appreciate it so much. I was super intrigued by these because recently became a Wellness Advocate for dōTERRA Essential Oils, and I wanted to try the oils out in the dryer. 
I love the packaging of this product as it allows you to feel the product before purchasing it. It has holes on the side of the box for this purpose. The box also contains very helpful information and FAQ's.  Inside you'll find six wool balls, a bit bigger than a standard tennis ball (see pictures below). The directions suggest to use all six in the dryer for a regular size laundry load. 
We are in the winter season and static electricity is BAD at the moment. The most significant difference I noticed is that there was ZERO static with this laundry load thanks to the Woolzies.  
Woolzies claims that on the box the drying time is cut by 25%, and I would agree with this statement. I used the Woolzies in a load of bath towels. I was impressed that the towels dried as fast as they did, but it makes sense that the Woolzies help to airate and separate the laundry for it to dry faster. 
The Woolzies did not make my towels feel as soft as they would if I used fabric softener. They are still soft, but just not as soft. I would compare it to the feeling of hanging your towels out to dry about 80% and then throwing them in the dryer at the end to fully dry them. This is not a deal breaker for me, as the benefits to using the Woolzies is so much greater than adding harsh chemicals which are toxic to the environment and even more dangerous for people that have sensitive skin and/or allergies.  
What I truly love about Woolzies is that they are completely handmade. For this reason, you are promised a quality and trustworthy product. 
I used dōTERRA essential Ylang Ylang oil on the Woolzies. The scent of this oil is subtle on its own so I was afraid it would lose its scent in the process of drying. By following the directions of placing the oil on the Woolzies and running the dryer at the end without heat, kept this from happening. My towels smell wonderful. 
Overall, if I were to rate the product on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the BEST, I give Woolzies a 4. I would hope that the laundry would feel a bit softer, but I'm still impressed with the quality of the product  and the health benefits I receive from using this over chemical filled fabric softener. 






No comments:

Post a Comment