Friday, July 19, 2013

FET complete...surreal.

     Completely surreal. I have no other way of explaining how the world feels in this moment. Just hours ago, I had a living, thriving embryo placed ever so carefully into my uterus. Technically, that makes me what the TTC community lovingly calls, "PUPO"..."pregnant until proven otherwise."  I'm so grateful to even feel just that, for now, I'm pregnant. That thought moved me to tears after the FET was complete. I sat in my little room on the gurney and just burst into tears. I'm grateful, and I love this little embryo more than I could explain in words.
     The procedure itself went very smoothly. My embryo is a grade two, which is "great"...grade one is excellent, grade two is great, grade three is good, grade four is fair.  You always want to hear that your embryo is the BEST grade, but this is what God has given us, and we are so blessed and so thankful. 
     How I felt the following hours after the transfer can be described as exhausted and fragile. I felt like I shouldn't sneeze or I will ruin everything! Haha, that's obviously not true, but I think everyone probably feels like that after a procedure like this. I was told by my doctor to rest as if I was sick with the flu for as long as I could until I had to go back to work.  That gave me a full 16 hours of bed rest. Normally they ask patients to try to do 24 hours of bed rest and then take it easy for the next following three days. Since my job consists of me sitting at a desk all day, I'm fine to be at work right now. The only rules are no lifting anything over 10lbs, no hot tubs, swimming, heat pads,  no intercourse, and no vigorous exercises. I can handle that for two weeks!  I felt exhausted mostly because where I live right now is experiencing a heat wave! The heat index was 105F...ugh! And I never used to get headaches from the heat, but I guess since I'm getting older, that's one of the things I have acquired. I have had a headache since last night, and it's still lingering.  I have read that it's safe to take tylonel, especially right now that the embryo isn't living off my blood supply right now, but I just don't feel like I should take any kind of OTC drug unless its completely necessary.  So I'm just gonna deal with the headache and hope this awful heat wave breaks sooner than later!
     Here are some pictures from yesterday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment