Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One or Two?

     My doctor called me and explained to me the LATEST theory of natural killer cells and what it means to put in two embryos versus one embryo.  The latest theory that has evolved is that if you put two embryos in, the killer cells (though have been treated with intralipids) would take to it as MORE of a foreign body than if it were just one embryo.  If you put two in, your body could create more cells to attack the embryos, is basically what scientists think might happen.  Now, this is just a theory.  He said he wanted Cris and I to think about it and let him know what our decision is by the end of today.  He also said to us that if our heart was set on putting two in tomorrow, that he has no problem with going forward and putting two in.  If there was hard evidence versus just a theory than this would be a different story.  
     It didn't take us long to decide what our choice is.  Cris and I are having only one embryo put in tomorrow.  Both of us obviously want the best possible outcome.  We also never pictured ourselves having twins.  From the beginning of this journey I only ever saw myself of a mother of a little boy.  We already have his name picked out, we have for a long time.  Anyway, I felt that this phone call has God's hands all over it.  I was given the chance to change my mind, and change it I did!  I feel less anxiety about the idea of twins and if my body could handle that.  I feel hopeful and excited about tomorrow.  If the FET does not work for us this time, the doctor said we can choose to put two in next time.  But that probably wont be until sometime in 2014.  Let's pray this time works and I don't have to think about another FET anytime soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment