Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Influenster Bella VoxBox | Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick


Hey guys!  Influenster was so kind to send me their April Bella VoxBox to review and I'm honored to get the opportunity to test out the products that they sent.  First off, can I just say that I'm a product junkie and more often than not I'm suckered into buying something because I heard someone (usually on YouTube) talking about it, then I bought it and it totally wasn't what I thought it was going to be.  So I PROMISE...I pinky swear, that I will give you my complete honest opinion of everything that I test out. 


     The first product that I grabbed from the box was the Rimmel London lipstick by Kate Moss.  The shade is number 33.  The plastic black packaging is sleek and  I love the little detail of Kate's signature on the cap (*weird fact* I feel connected with anyone that signs with a heart in their signature because I do the same).  My favorite part about the packaging (minus the cute heart) is that the cap clicks closed.  I know this isn't a big a deal to some people, but for me, I personally carry lipstick in my purse for the most part.  I have tried a few lipsticks that didn't have a tight closure and I ended up getting lipstick everywhere and that does not tickle my fancy.


     This is my very first Rimmel lipstick ever.  I was interested in seeing what the color pay off would be like, how it wore through out the day, and what the formulation would be like.  We will start with the color.  In my opinion it's a bright bubble-gum pink. It's not completely matte, it's less than what I would consider a satin finish, though it has a soft and subtle sheen.  It's definitely a color I would use more in the spring and summer due to it's brightness and cheery tone.  It's not opaque on it's first swipe, I did go over my lips 3x to get the color pay off that I thought looked best.  I think the color pay off with this lipstick is very good.

The first picture is swatched without a flash, the second is with a flash. 



     When I first applied the lipstick I noticed a lovely scent.  It has a subtle strawberry scent to it.  For some reason, it conjures up my memories of when I was very young and had a dolly who had a similar scent.  I can't lie, I loved that.  I can't lie about this either, I wasn't really expecting to like the formulation of the lipstick.  I associated Rimmel products to be lower-end drugstore product and have never heard anything extraordinary about them.  I am honestly very pleasantly surprised with the formulation of this lipstick.  I thought it would be chalky or drying. The lipstick feels great on my lips.  It doesn't feel sticky on my lips, and it doesn't go on thick and goopy.  I am not having to grab a napkin to blot the excess off.  It's a no-fuss product and I love that.  I did have to go over my lips more than once to get the color pay off I thought looked best, but I think that if I were going for a very natural look, that one swipe would give you just enough tint to brighten you up.


    I should mention to y'all that I have the driest lips EVER.  Ugh, it's a real issue when applying lipsticks that the lipstick doesn't accentuate the dry skin flakes on my lips.  I'm happy to say that this lipstick did not stick to my flakey disgusting dry patches (I'm painting such a pretty picture of myself aren't I?).  It glided right over them, and in fact, kinda camouflaged them so that they weren't that noticeable. Major PLUS.


     I applied the lipstick at 6:30AM.  Since then I have drank coffee, water, ate breakfast, and drank more water.  I didn't have to reapply the lipstick until after I ate lunch when I noticed that most of it has worn off.  I would say that I got good five hours out of that first application, which to me, is also pretty impressive.   


     On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best lipstick I ever used in the history of everdom, I'm giving this Rimmel London Lipstick a 7 out of 10.  I'm very impressed with it over all and I already see myself checking out the other shades next time I hit up the drugstore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment