Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Influenester Bella VoxBox | Dove Chocolate Covered Whole Blueberries

     I bet your wondering why I didn't grab this product to try first...cuz, duh, CHOCOLATE!  But hey, it was 6:00 AM when I opened my Bella VoxBox and I just didn't think it was a good choice for a breakfast food.  With that being said, I may have opened this bag of deliciousness before nine o'clock in the morning.  I'll never tell.


     Thank you Influenster for including this treat in April's Bella VoxBox.  What can I say, it's chocolate covered blueberries...what's there not to like?  I can honestly say that I did enjoy these.  However, I do want to compare them to the Brookside brand that has a similar product. 


      FYI - My most favorite brand of chocolate is Dove, hands down.  If ever I want a sweet treat, and I happen to meander down the candy aisle at the market, I will grab a bag of the silky smooth Dove Milk Chocolate and Caramel Promises.   I was really excited to try these chocolate covered blueberries by Dove because of how much I do enjoy their chocolate. However, if I'm being honest, the Brookside Açai with Blueberry dark chocolates are better.  There are two reasons I think that they are better.  One reason is the texture. With the Dove, you are getting exactly what it says, a chocolate covered blueberry.  And it's yummy!  There is no doubt about that. But with the Brookside you are getting more of a Açai/blueberry flavored gel ball covered in chocolate.  I don't know if that makes any sense, but you just have to see for yourself what I mean. And I actually prefer the texture of the gel-like berry flavored thingy in the Brookside chocolate over the texture of Dove's chocolate covered blueberry.  But before you write me off as a total weirdo, I have one other qualm with the Dove chocolate covered blueberries.  The blueberry flavor in the Dove chocolate was a bit muffled, it's VERY chocolaty and I have a hard time even tasting the blueberry unless I suck off all the chocolate and then chew the actual blueberry separately.  With the Brookside brand, I feel the fruit flavor is very detectable and makes the chocolate taste even better.


     Either way, it's chocolate covered fruit and I'm thankful for getting the opportunity to try these.  They were good, but I've had better. 


     On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best chocolate treat ever in the history of everdom, I give Dove's Chocolate Covered Blueberries a 5 out 10. 



No comments:

Post a Comment