Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Influenster Bella VoxBox | Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara by Kate Moss

     I'm just going to get this out in the open and admit it.  I, Kyle Lara, am a mascara hoarder.  I have over 10 (I didn't count but I know it's over 10) mascaras in my make up drawer and 2 in my purse.  I just have yet to find the perfect, holy grail, mascara that I have been yearning for.  So anytime I get a chance to sample a new mascara, I'm beyond grateful because it means I'm one step closer to finding my holy grail mascara or that I'm able to decide that this one is as stupid as the others I've tried and can be given away or tossed.


     Influenester sent me Kate Moss's new mascara called, "Scandaleyes Mascara by Kate Moss" by Rimmel London in the shade 004 Eye Rock Jet Black.  Off the bat, the packaging is nice.  It's gun metal gray with red print that gives it a sharp look, again, I'm loving Kate's signature with the heart...cute/girly touch.  Another thing that I noticed right of the bat was how light in weight the product felt in my hands.  Now, not that a tube of mascara should ever feel heavy, but this just felt extremely light in comparison to the other 3 million mascaras I have.


     The most unique feature of this mascara is the brush.  It's called a "Broken Heart Brush" and it's shaped like 1/2 a heart, and as it tapers to the end, the brush gets smaller in width.  I have never used a brush like this before and was intrigued by it's shape.  It's also quite a large brush, so if you like tiny brushes, this is not the mascara for you.  If you like big brushes, you might want to give this one a try.


     The formula of the mascara is pretty perfect in terms of dryness/wetness.  I can't stand putting on a mascara that is so wet that it gets everywhere or so that dry that it feels like I'm pulling at my lashes just to get a coat on them.  I went on nicely, however, I can't say much for it adding length to my lashes.  I feel that at most, it added the darkness I had hoped for (I have pretty light lashes) and some fullness.  I wasn't blown away with the mascara, like "HOLY MOLY LOOK AT THESE BAD BOYS", but it did emphasize the fact that I do have some lashes. 


     What I do really like about the mascara, and this is a huge thing for me, is that it doesn't transfer or flake.  That's the biggest deal breaker for me when it comes to mascaras.  I can not deal with mascaras that leave me with black freckles all over my cheeks or raccoon eyes.  What I also don't like about some mascaras is that they leave my lashes feeling stiff.  This mascara left my lashes feeling flexible and soft.  It also doesn't clump, which I can't stand either.  I don't want to walk around with black balls of goop on the ends of my lashes, ya heard?


  Below, you will see photos of my before and after.  Over all, I'm impressed with the formula.  I don't think I will repurchase the mascara in the future since I'm still searching for the mascara that I can't live without.  Though, I will be reaching for this mascara as it's still worth using because of the fact that I won't have to worry about smudges or flakes. 




  If I were to rate this mascara from 1 to 10, 10 being the best mascara ever in history of everdom, I'm going to give it a solid 7 out of 10.  If it added more length, I think the number would be a bit higher.  With that being said, I still like it, a lot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment