Thursday, April 23, 2015

Influenster Bella VoxBox | Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs

Influenster has also graciously let me try what I consider to me my new FAVORITE product.  I am so excited to tell you guys about this one.  But before I do, I have to let you in on a little secret.  I hate sounding so insecure about my body, because truth be told, I have a great body!  It also housed a HUGE healthy baby...for real guys, I had almost 9lb baby!!!  Anyway, I'm a little thinner than I would hope to be, but my body is healthy and strong and I am proud of that.  However, I'm insecure about my legs.  For one, they are toothpicks.  But who really cares, I can deal with that. What I can't stand is that they are glow-in-the-dark white.  My legs (because of my career) never see the light of day.  I'm always wearing work pants, and on the rare occasion that I wear a skirt or dress I am very self conscious of how pale my skin is, and how you can see the pores on my legs, especially right after I shave.  In attempt to cover the pores, I use self-tanner.  You know what happens after you use self-tanner after you shave?  You fill your little pores with self-tanner and it looks even worse because now there are dark little spots all over your legs.  Ugh, how annoying.  Well, I think that I just found my summer must-have product and I see a lot more dresses/skirts in my future.


Influenster sent me Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs "Leg Make Up" in the shade "Medium" to test out, and seriously I'm SO glad they did.  As soon as I saw it was like, "Whoa, wait, I though this only came in an aerosol can."  I've seen it at my local drugstore in the aerosol, but I have not seen it liquid form before.  The directions state to squeeze a quarter size of the product into your hand and smooth on evenly to your legs and feet, to rub it in completely and use sparingly around knees and ankles.  Allow to set before dressing.  And it washes of easily with soap, water, and a wash cloth. 


I was a bit nervous that it was in the shade "Medium", as I stated previously, I have white legs, whiter than white.  I thought medium might be too dark, but to be honest, I think it's perfect.  It gave my legs some color.  It also pretty much covered up those unsightly pores.  They are still visable, but because of the even tone it created, they are definitely less noticeable. I  seriously don't think I have anything negative to say about this product, except for one, and I'm not 100% sure about this.  And I'll get to that one after I'm done raving about it first. 


Like I said, it added a bit of color to my legs, and they don't look orange or streaky.  Huge plus.  It also washes off at the end of the day (which can be a good or bad thing depending on where you are going).  You obviously wouldn't be able to wear this swimming and expect it to stay on, even though it does claim it's water resistant.  I believe that it would wear off after swimming though I haven't tried it because it's 37F here...at the end of April.  <---Not kidding, wtf Mother Nature.  It also rubbed in easily so there were no streaks.  It has a pleasant scent, it's not perfumey at all, or have a nasty tanner smell, just a fresh scent.  There are no sparkles or anything, so if I can compare it to anything, it's like foundation for your legs.  Which is a pretty neat concept.  We use foundation on our faces to hide flaws, redness, etc, why not use it on your legs to hide the same? 


Okay so the only thing I have an issue with is that I find contradicting information on the internet as to weather Sally Hansen products, this product in particular is tested on animals.  I've found sites that say they absolutely do not, and the next site I find says that they do.  It does not say anything on the packaging that they do not test animals, which a lot of the times, means that they do.  I do not support products that are tested on animals, so if this one is, I will be so highly disappointed as I do happen to really love this product.    So if anyone reading this has factual information whether or not this product is tested on animals, please let me know.


If I were to rate this product on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best leg make up ever in the history of everdom, I would rate it a 10.  I'm really excited to continue to use this product for summer for flawless looking legs.  




No comments:

Post a Comment