Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Landry is ONE!

We celebrated Landry's birthday on his actual birthday March 28th.  I can't believe he is one year old.  I know every parent says that about their child on every single birthday they have, but it's true.  I think it's a bit sad how fast a year a goes, but at the same time, completely amazing!  To see an infant that is completely helpless go from a sleeping/pooping/eating machine to an independent explorer is incredible.  Watching a baby turn into a little person that has so much personality is such a gift.  It's truly indescribable how much joy Landry has brought into our lives.  I walk into my house after work to see Landry in his highchair finishing up dinner and the smile that appears on his face when he sees his mommy is the highlight of my life.  We just love each other so much it sometimes feels like my heart could explode. 


Landry had a "camping" themed birthday this year.  Complete with a tent, a fishing game, and a "Make your own Trail Mix" take home bar.  I really think everyone enjoyed themselves.  It was just family, very small, quaint, laid-back type of party.  And until Landry has "friends" of his own from school and what not, I think that his parties will continue to be this way.  He was able to spend quality time with family that he doesn't see very often because we are all so spread out. 


Here are a few pictures from the very special day that we are so blessed to celebrate. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment